There are two methods you can do to extend your Bali visa, independently or using a professional Bali visa agent. Many people prefer to extend their visas, but on the other hand, it is not uncommon for foreigners to be more comfortable using a visa agent.
Bali Visa Extension Independently Vs With a Visa Agent
If you are planning to extend your visa for the first time and are confused about which method to use, this article will explain some of the pros and cons of the two methods. The hope is that this information can help you decide which one is best for your condition.
1. Pros and Cons of Using a Bali Visa Agent
The first way you can choose is to use an experienced visa agent. For example, E-Visa Bali has more than 12 years of experience in processing the extension of various types of visas, including VOA, single entry visas, multiple entry visas, KITAS visas, etc.
There are many visa agents available in Bali which you can find in almost every city, especially tourist cities such as Uluwatu, Ubud, Jimbaran, and Seminyak. Using the services of a visa agent to arrange a visa extension, you will get many benefits that will make your trip more comfortable.
A team of visa agents will help you with documents and applications, and pick up your passport, so you can stretch your leg. Apart from that, here are the main reasons why many foreigners prefer to use the services of a visa agent:
- Extra convenience because the visa agent team will take care of almost everything related to your visa extension. The visa agent will guide you on what to do, how to do it, and when to do it to make the process more effective and faster.
- Instead of three trips to the immigration office, you only need to go once if you use the services of a Bali visa agent. they will handle the first and third visits, while the second visit will have you present yourself for a photo and fingerprint taken.
- Document processing will be done by your visa agent, so no preparation is required. You just need to make sure that you start the renewal process on time.
Doesn’t the above advantages sound interesting? However, before deciding to come to the visa agent’s office, you should also consider several things. One of them is a review of the credibility and legality of your visa agent. Do some research on the internet about their website or ask friends and family for recommendations on which visa agent is good.
Because if you don’t, then you will experience several problems that can harm you, including:
- Lack of communication from the visa agent
- The service fee is too expensive
- Lengthy and often delayed renewal processes, and many more.
2. Post and Cons of Extending Bali Visa Independently
Apart from extending their visas with the help of a visa agent, many foreigners decide to extend their visas independently. Even though it requires 3 visits to the immigration office, the process can be easy when you are prepared.
These are the advantages that are the reason why a visa extension is an option worth trying:
- No need to wait for a text message or call from a visa agent to notify you of the progress of the visa extension process. On the other hand, if you do it yourself, you’ll know exactly where your passport is and when you need to leave for your next visit so it’s safer for you to plan your next trip.
- In terms of price, it is much more affordable because you don’t have to pay agent fees and service fees.
Apart from having the advantages above, managing a visa extension independently also has disadvantages, including:
- The process might be tedious because it takes a long time when you are required to stand in line at the immigration office with many other people who are also extending their visas.
- It may interfere with your overall leisure time, activity plans, and holiday as some time will be wasted on extending the visa.